Whether you are a professional who needs to maintain their proficiency or on a family outing with the kids, Blue Ridge Arsenal can provide you with the service and support you require. With twenty, 25 yard shooting positions, accommodating up to .50AE handgun caliber firearms and 12 Gauge shotguns (Ammunition Restrictions), we have long been acknowledged as a safe, knowledgeable and friendly environment for both the experienced and novice shooter.
Blue Ridge Arsenal is a full line shooting sports store and range facility with a tradition of service to the community since 1989. Check out our rates here
Through rain, sleet, snow and heat you will find us open. On those days when it is too miserable to be out of doors, our enclosed climate controlled facility is an ideal place to meet others or enjoy the shooting sports on your own. We are open 7 days a week and can accommodate group activities or classes with advance notice. Our requirements to use the range are that all shooters must be 21 years of age or accompanied by someone who is; be or be with someone who is familiar with the firearms being used and an experienced shooter; and, upon entering the range have either their own or rented ear and eye protection.Blue Ridge Arsenal is a public range. We do not require long term membership to shoot here; but, members enjoy benefits that non-members do not. These include discounts on rental firearms, member only sales, no hourly range fees, free guest passes and range use priority. Plus, if you use the range twice or more a month members save money as compared to shooting at the walk-in hourly rate. And, for those shooters who are looking for that special handgun, don’t own a handgun but enjoy shooting, want to test fire a particular or similar handgun model before buying, or, just want to shoot something different, we have a large selection of rental firearms. Our rental fee for most of these firearms is $12.00 and we require you use our range ammo, purchased at the time of the rental, be or be with someone who is familiar with the operation of similar firearms and 21 years of age or older.
We also offer classes on a group or individual basis, specialized group instruction and a course specifically geared towards the State of Virginia Concealed Firearm Permit. Our NRA certified instructors have instructed scout groups working on their merit badge, novice shooters wanting to perfect their shooting skills, experienced shooters looking to polish up old skills, mystery writers wanting to know how a firearm works and inexperienced shooters wanting to become proficient with their firearm.
BLUE RIDGE ARSENAL
RANGE RULES AND REGULATIONS The following actions will cause you to be removed from the range IMMEDIATELY:
- Shooting the walls or ceilings Pointing your gun at anyone – even unintentionally Carrying a firearm behind the safety line with the action closed
- Loading a firearm behind the safety line.
One (1) safety violation may be grounds for removal from premises. Removal from premises is not grounds for a refund on your hourly or annual membership. A fee will be assessed for any damaged equipment.
- Always treat every gun as if it were loaded at all times. Always keep the muzzle pointed in a safe direction.
- Firearms may only be holstered/unholstered, cased/uncased at the firing line, with the muzzle pointed downrange.
- Firearms may only be carried behind the firing line to transport in and out of the range. If this is being done, the action must be open, the magazine removed, and the muzzle pointed in a safe direction.
- Keep your finger off of the trigger and out of the trigger guard until ready to fire.
- Ear and eye protection must be worn before entering the range and at all times while inside the range firing area.
- If any problem should occur while on the firing line, leave your firearm at the position and contact the Range Master immediately. Smoking inside the building is prohibited. No food or drink is allowed inside the range firing area. Black powder firearms are prohibited. Tracer and metal piercing ammunition is strictly prohibited and grounds for being removed from the premises. Only holsters which provide for a “muzzle forward” carry and with a covered trigger guard will be permitted. If the muzzle points up range at any time during the draw, the holster will not be allowed. The Range Master’s decision will be final. No one will be allowed to go forward of the firing line at any time under any circumstances. Children must be supervised at all times and will not be allowed to roam freely about the premises. No one under the age of age 21 may fire without an adult on the lane with them. Firearms and range bags will be inspected by the Range Master at any time while in the range facility. Any firearms the Range Master deems unsafe will not be permitted in the range firing area. You may only clean up your own brass. DO NOT remove brass from the brass buckets or brass previously left by other shooters. Only those persons who have purchased range time are permitted inside the firing area. Observers may watch from the observation area only. Up to four persons may be assigned to each lane; however, only one person is permitted at the firing position at a time.
- Alcoholic beverages and illegal substances or persons who have been consuming alcoholic beverages or illegal substances will not be allowed on range premises.
Please review our Ammo Restrictions (.doc)